This too shall pass


THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Past few days have shocked the parent community in India especially the special parent community. The Bangalore incident had not died out from the mind that now we get to hear about the Mumbai incident. The mother gives in to the pressure of parenting a special child.

Parenting is a difficult job with its ups and downs and parenting a special child is more difficult as it needs more perseverance. I am wearing the same shoes and know where it hurts but taking such an extreme step doesn’t seem right. I also understand that the situations the mother might be going through will be much more difficult than most of us but still the extreme step cannot be justified.

Destiny seems to have played a cruel game when seen in a short term perspective but when you see the BIGGER picture, the same destiny is helping you evolve as a human being. Every special parent has been blessed with this opportunity. We can use this opportunity to become better human beings as we know what pain feels like, what feeling low feels like. Personally I feel low at times too but then I see the bigger picture- my child has shown me what life truly is, I am not wasting my life on stupid things or stupid people anymore. They say that when a person is about to die, every major incident is the life plays like a video infront of the eyes and the person wants some time to make changes but doesn’t have the time to do that. My child has helped me see that video while I am still alive, while I can still make changes. Isn’t it a blessing? I feel blessed and I thank him for that.

Parents please don’t give up, the child who you are so fed up with is the same child who has given you so many happy moments- feeling a child inside your body is such a lovely feeling; being touched by those little hands; their eyes looking out for you and finding comfort in your arms is such a nice feeling. Remember those feeling and learn what they are here to teach. Lets not bunk the lessons as it only going to get tougher later.

I remember a story my dad once shared with me about Akbar and Birbal. Akbar once asked Birbal to think of a sentence that will make a happy person sad and a sad person happy.

Birbal replied, ‘This too shall pass’.

For all the parents who are feeling burdened please remember this.  This too will pass the way the good times have.  Learn the lesson and please doesn’t bunk the lessons, bunking has never helped anyone.

And incase you are feeling burdened please connect with me.

Comments

  1. Read it twice.. Such positivity is hard to find and you truly come up as a shining star in the aspect..beautiful write up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birbal's reply implies to all of us....that's the way life is...very well written

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Kurkure Party

Believe in possibilities